Fab’s portfolio comprises complimentary board, research & consulting roles that have in common working with people across sectors with a focus on creating social impact and system change. She has a keen interest in impact investing & purposeful finance. Currently Fab is:
- Working with the UNDP to develop Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)-enabling impact practice standards for private equity funds & other asset classes;
- Co-Chairing the Australian Sustainable Finance Initiative’s Technical Working Group 3;
- Non-Executive Director of Housing Choices Australia Ltd & The Song Room - two nonprofit organisations striving to create a better future for people experiencing disadvantage in Australia;
- Member & interim Co-Chair of the Australian Advisory Board on Impact Investing (AAB) & co-author of the AAB’s 2018 report Scaling Impact: Blueprint for collective action to scale impact investment in and from Australia; &
- Professor of Practice (Finance) at Deakin Business School (DBS), a steering group member of Deakin University’s multidisciplinary HOME Research Hub pursuing research and policy innovation to progress accessible housing, vibrant neighbourhoods and connected communities, & a member of DBS' Centre for Responsible & Sustainable Organisations.
Fab was a contributing author of AHURI’s research reports The Opportunities, Risks and Possibilities of Social Impact Investing for Housing and Homelessness, 2017 and Inquiry into Social Impact Investment for Housing and Homelessness Outcomes, Final Inquiry Report, 2018, and has consulted with a variety of clients on impact investing and related issues.
Fab previously enjoyed a 30 year executive career, including 22 years with S&P Global (one of the largest data, information and analytics companies in the world) in the Global Ratings division where in her final role she was the Australian Country Head and Head of Developed Markets Asia-Pacific. Her technical specialisation was securitisation.